♡♡♡ Many, but not all of you, chose to connect up with the 'ISOLATION PBA' WhatsApp group, a forum for PBA audio and video guides to home practice sent out with the help of Lenny every week, so far, plus the sharing of humour, wise council and support given generously by many of the participants.
There was no charge for my guides. It was a duty done with conviction...my pleasure.
Now to turn to the sticky reality of how we manage the way forward. The Engine Room and I, both think a July re-start could be possible...not for those of you still shielding, but for many students.
Even the pre-term P-day on 11 July might go ahead if we can get a space big enough to hold 13 people appropriately distanced. Term might well start on the 13 July as planned, Petronella's time table in place with further scheduling to provide catch-up classes to cover losses from the Spring term. For those of you still shielding, your classes will have to go on hold for a little while longer but are not lost.
The WhatsApp group has already seen my sketch of a time-table for this. For the latest up-date time-table see below and for the final operational version see the website on 30 June.
We have just one postponement to a date completely unknown...my retirement party ...'at Namy's'. I do believe cafes and restaurants will be open again by mid -July. We might need to eat outside, errr ...socially distanced, with the food delivered by courier. So...we might have to wait untill maybe August when larger groups are possibly allowed to come together outside. At the time of writing, this is still only 6.
Back to what is almost known...
☆☆☆ Compliance and the rules to be implemented for the creation of safe post-isolation PBA training are...
▪ Only 5 or 6 students in the small Eng Rm studio at any one time. Observe social distancing when collecting mats. From now on please store mats in cotton sleeves (made by hand if necessary or...maybe someone swift with a machine might like to roll them out from all sorts of scraps of cotton material so they are distinctive. No need for handles or drawstrings and more functional for that...'simples' ) Please keep your bricks with you. Blocks cannnot be shared but will be lent out to habitual users for the duration. No communal pens..bring your own !!
▪ Hand sanitiser to be used at the entrance to the studio. I might/will wear by request, a visor for your protection. Face masks?? Will we be able to breathe? Probably.
▪ 2 hr classes once a fortnight instead of 1 hr classes every week ...so e.g. one 2hr class every other Monday rather than 2×1hr classes every Monday so we do not have to wash the studio down between groups of 6.
▪ Some outdoor training to be considered...Standing Section and Chair.
▪ Sign-up for all classes ...nothing new there... but as we cannot affford to waste a single space, sign-up will need a sterner structure and you will need to... yes? ...what was that oh-so-cleverly-confusing-edict?..."Stay Alert".... No post sign-up swap -in.
Sorry. There will not be hours of extra admin time to deal with this.
◇◇◇ There are still some fees due in on 25 June for the 13 July start. This is in accordance with the new payment structure. Please ensure you pay on time ...or at least promise to pay if short of funds due to truncated finances. Please do not cause me to have to chase you ...not dignified. Thank you.
Most decided to ..."Do nothing"... about changing the SOM for fees for the July start...and paid in accordance with the old system, a term in advance, which has enabled me to offer financial support to the Engine Room should they need emergency funds (rent) from us. They were so pleased with this act of kindness...so thank you for all those fees that came in early on 1 April 2020.
This group will next pay on 1 July. I believe PBA will be in a position to accept these fees. However, we cannot if a firm date fails to materialise for the re-start of tuition. In all events we must endeavour to act honourably.
(See WhatsApp Notices for on-going Timetable adjustments)
As I said we only have our own opinions now...experts and governments have been partially or fully discredited....your opinion again.
Christine J Hocking